Ancient Athenian village on the foot of Parnitha, 17klm north-west from Athens near to the village Xasia.Outside Fili the street continues to the monastery Kliston, the ancient attic fortress of Fili, and it gets in the back north-west side of Parnitha, in Dervenoxoria(2.947 residents).
The fortress, built in triangular in form plateau. Dominates in the back streets that leader to the plain of Attikis.Had played important role in the ancient times and during the Revolution of 1821. Well-preserved his wall,with five towers, one of them circular and the other squared. Was constructed in the 4th century BC to replace an ancient fortress 1,5klm north-east from Fili. That was captured in 403BC by Thrasivulos with 70 comrades and it was used for base of operation to subvert the regime of the Thirty Tyrants of Athens.
The monastery Kliston, 5klm north-west. Female monastery 7th century-with remarkable icons and woodcut temple. Employs guest-rooms for disabled children.