Makrinitsa -16,5km north-east of Bolos- one of the most well-known mountainous villages of Pilio, rich in history. The houses are built in several successive levels, on a steep slope. The altimeter among the first and the last houses of the village is over 300m!It has three groups of houses. The whole village was built according to plans of the experienced architect Tsakirtzis, with houses and mansions representative of the local traditional architecture. The large paved with flagstones square, "the balcony of Pilio" as it is called, with an excellent view of Pagasitikos gulf, dominates in the center of the village. At the end of the square, there is the small Batsarea`s cafe'. In it there is a wall painting of Theophilos representing the death of Katsantonis, the Greek hero. In the times of the Turks domination, Makrinitsa was the first "bakoufi"-capital, center of handicraft as well as spiritual center of the 24 villages of Pilio. Proofs of the older economic and spiritual flourish are the mansions of the families of Mouslis, Topalis, Xiradakis, Sisilianos, Basardanis, Gourgiotis, Maragis and Skoteiniotis, stone tower-houses with three floors and loopholes, wooden and sculptured roofs, heavy doors and a lot of decorative elements.
The Folkloric Museum containing collection of utensils, various things and heirlooms of the area.
The small church of Saint John the Baptist (Agios Ioannis Prodromos), at the west end of the square, builted, with slabs of marble and bricks, at the beginning of 1800, constitutes a miniature of the architecture of the mountainous villages of Pilio.
The church of Panagia the "Makrinitoa", built in 1867, decorated with remarkable wall paintings, framed by the chapels of Agioi Anargyroi, Agia Parascevi and Agioi Pantes. At the south side of the church there are four slabs with inscriptions -probably remains of the ancient city of Demetriada
The church of Agia Triada (Holy Trinity), decorated with wall paintings of the folk painter John Pagonis.
The small monastery of Agios Gerasimos the "Neos", in the group of houses of Kokona, on the higher area of Makrinitsa.
The monastery of Panagia the "Sourbia", in the area of Lesktini, north-west.